It is the Mission of the South Coast Interfaith Council to promote mutual understanding, respect, appreciation and cooperation among people of faith in the Greater South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach-West Orange County area by extending hospitality, fostering community, offering educational opportunities, providing moral leadership, sharing in service, serving the youth and working for justice.
Vision & Values
The South Coast Interfaith Council is committed to:
- Promoting mutual understanding, appreciation, and respect among the region’s diverse religions and cultures;
- Providing opportunities for conversation, partnership, education, hospitality and celebration among its members;
- Respecting each other’s religious observances and, where appropriate, sharing together in common prayer;
- Pursuing common goals that build unity among people of faith in communities we serve;
- Providing moral leadership on mutually agreed-upon issues;
- Providing and advocating for poor, hungry, homeless and other marginalized people;
- Fostering peace, compassion, kindness, openness and trust; and
- Encouraging the communities we serve to embrace these values.
Amended at Annual Assembly March 22, 2012