Purpose: The Women’s Interfaith Group is a circle of women of all ages, abilities, beliefs, cultures, faiths and races who gather together to learn about and value our similarities and differences. We work to eradicate stereotypes and prejudice beginningin our own communities to promote our common humanity and build a peaceful world by connecting heart to heart. The Women’s Interfaith Group is a program of the South Coast Interfaith Council.
May 2017 – May 2018 Events:
HOLIDAYS WITH HEART: UNDERSTANDING & PARTICIPATING AS ONE *
Join the members of the following faiths to understand the meaning behind their holidays and celebrate with them!
Muslim – Women’s Interfaith Eid Celebration: “Mother, Daughter & Friends Hennah Party” – Sunday, September 3, 2017
* Christian – Christmas Tree Decorating – December 2017
* Hindu – Holi Festival (Festival of Colors) – Friday, March 2, 2018
* Jewish – Interfaith Women’s Seder – Tuesday, March 27, 2018
* Baha’i – The Festival of Ridvan in the Rose Garden: April 2018
* Buddhist – Celebrating Buddha’s Birthday-Tuesday, May 29, 2018
CONNECTING HEART TO HEART: PARTICIPATING IN PRAYER SERVICES:
Join the Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Sikh and Native American prayer services and connect heart to heart as you learn how the women practice their respected faiths.
YEARLY MEMBERSHIP: ONLY $25!
The membership cost will allow you access to all the events and programs as well as be used to cover the cost of the following:
* maintaining email list-serve
* coordinating and organizing the events
* maintaining the calendar
* distributing a monthly newsletter to all members
(Every year will entail different programs!)
WHAT IS THE SCIC?
The SCIC is the oldest and largest interfaith council in Southern California. In 1953 the council was first established as an ecumenical council – meaning that it was an organization comprised of only churches representing the various denominations of the Christian faith. But in 2004, with a historical vote made by the community, the council changed from ecumenical one to an interfaith council. The SCIC now has an association of more than 140 faith communities and organizations, encompassing over 35 cities and serving approximately 1.8 million people.
We continue, today, to pride ourselves in creating communities of compassion among people of different faith and cultures. Continue Reading
Below is a list of useful website links pertaining to religion & society. If you have suggestions of other links for this page, email us at email@example.com.
- Religions for Peace – USA
- Harvard Pluralism Project
- Interfaith Voices for Peace and Justice
- The Council for a Parliament of the World’s Religions
- Religion Facts
- BBC Religion
- “On Faith”
- North American Interfaith Network
- Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Institute for Interreligious Intercultural Dialogue
- Interfaith Calendar
- Museum of World Religions
- United Religions Initiative
- World Conference on Religion & Peace
- Speaking of Faith
- Religious Diversity- News Articles
- Yearbook of Canadian & American Churches