WHAT IS THE SCIC?
The SCIC is the oldest and largest interfaith council in Southern California. In 1953 the council was first established as an ecumenical council – meaning that it was an organization comprised of only churches representing the various denominations of the Christian faith. But in 2004, with a historical vote made by the community, the council changed from ecumenical one to an interfaith council. The SCIC now has an association of more than 140 faith communities and organizations, encompassing over 35 cities and serving approximately 1.8 million people.
We continue, today, to pride ourselves in creating communities of compassion among people of different faith and cultures. Continue Reading
SCIC Core Programs
Below is a list of useful website links pertaining to religion & society. If you have suggestions of other links for this page, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Religions for Peace – USA
- Harvard Pluralism Project
- Interfaith Voices for Peace and Justice
- The Council for a Parliament of the World’s Religions
- Religion Facts
- BBC Religion
- “On Faith”
- North American Interfaith Network
- Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Institute for Interreligious Intercultural Dialogue
- Interfaith Calendar
- Museum of World Religions
- United Religions Initiative
- World Conference on Religion & Peace
- Speaking of Faith
- Religious Diversity- News Articles
- Yearbook of Canadian & American Churches